Renovation & Retrofit
Project: Pembroke Lakes Mall id 39972
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Contractor: McLaughlin Erectors, Inc.
Artificial lighting accounts for
approximately 30-50% of a
building’s energy consumption.
Decreasing the need for artificial
light can reduce energy
consumption by as much as
Increase in sales in retail
environments with natural light
Increase in performance for
students in daylit classrooms
Revitalize your environment by transforming an architectural eyesore into
a modern daylighting system that optimizes building performance.
- Life safety - avoid imminent structural failure resulting from
degeneration of the original daylighting system
- Improve energy efficiency - outdated or degenerating systems are underperforming, resulting in higher utility costs
- Discoloration is leading to a significant decrease in light levels
- Remove potential health risks from mold, bad odors, and
depressing light levels and restore the benefits of healthy
- Deterioration is causing leaks and insulation issues
- Meet new regulations or code requirements
- Eliminate the need for maintenance or re-coating costs
- Correctly balance both daylight and solar heat gain levels required for your space
- Improve the aesthetics of a building to increase property value
Renovation & Retrofit Solutions
We offer a variety of simple and effective turn-key renovation and retrofit solutions designed to reglaze, overglaze or replace existing systems that are underperforming or are in desperate need of repair due to damage or deterioration. Our two-panel system, with removable skin technology, ensures that your building envelope is not compromised in the future, as the interior panels will be able to remain intact indefinitely.
- Removable Skin Technology (RST) - exterior skin is replaceable to extend the system’s life cycle, without interrupting building operations
- Dry-glazed system eliminates the need for system maintenance
- Expert consultants to guide you through each step of the process
- Professional install by factory trained and certified installers
- Single-source warranty
Advancements in daylighting
technology have resulted in
more efficient systems that can
improve a building’s energy
performance, increase longevity
and help cut costs.
Our systems are lightweight,
highly durable, extremely
versatile and have an almost
unlimited life-cycle, making
them the ultimate solution for
Fiberglass systems that have severely discolored or are experiencing structural degradation can be easily replaced. Our systems are designed with added color stability and UV protection to enhance longevity.
Acrylic can become brittle, crack and leak, or may discolor over time. Our systems are often used to replace these underperforming acrylic units, many of which no longer meet strict fire codes. We offer Class A, B and C fire-rated systems depending on your building needs
We can reglaze, overglaze and replace glass systems that are leaking, or are otherwise compromised. Our systems offer glare-free diffused light which significantly reduces solar heat gain - a problem often associated with glass units.